Ever since I have started spending my quality time in Munsyari, the border block of district Pithoragarh, I have realized that these places have some events which have the capacity to active agriculture and land based activities, cottage industries and even financial inclusion.
Based on this premise I have drafted a project proposal wherein all institutions and individuals can play a role and make an institutional contribution.
The event is a three days Exhibition from 5th November to 7th November and the details of day to day events are contained therein.
I request you to examine the Brochure (below ) and decide for yourself and your organisation what role can be played by you in reviving such activities in our border regions.
You may kindly send in your response either to me or on the following address to the Organizers of the Exhibition. This Exhibition has been in uninterrupted existence since 1953.
Please send your mail at the following email address :
Shri Hari Pradarshini 2012 : Schedule
- Shri Hari Pradarshini will commence with the traditional opening of the Exhibition, unveiling of the Statue of Sri Hari Singh Jangpangi, the Freedom Fighter, in whose memory this Exhibition is held every year since 1953. ( Sri Hari Smarak Samiti, constituted way back in 1953 to commemorate the memory of freedom-fighter Hari Singh Jangpangi, will conduct this part of the programme )
- As would be seen from the Approach adopted for developing the Munsyari Development Plan ( MDP ), the five components , namely, :
- i ) Diversification of Agriculture,
- ( ii ) Promotion of Handicrafts and Rural Industries,
- ( iii ) Promotion of Rural Tourism and Private Enterprises,
- ( iv ) Promotion of Quality & Professional/Technical Education, and
- ( v ) Promotion of Financial Inclusion and Credit Culture,
each of these is to be introduced, discussed and proposed to be strategised in the ensuing Annual Sri Hari Pradarshini, being held during 5-7 November 2012, at Malla Dummar.
- These five major themes are to be discussed during the three days of the Sri Hari Pradarshini, in the following groupings :
- First Day, 5 November 2012 : Seminars on ( i ) Agriculture Diversification by Organic Farming, Organic Certification, Tea Development, Livestock Development, Sheep & Wool Development related organisations, institutions and departments, including a competition for vegetables, fruits and medicinal plants grown in the region ( prize distribution to take place on the last concluding day, on the 7th November ) ; farmers, sheep herders and cultivators of medicinal and herbal plants, Forest officials and HRDI, Aromatic Plants Centre to put up their stalls and distribution of related literature to take place, Vivekanand Krishi Anusandhan Sansthan ( VPKAS ), Almora, and various Commodities Boards will set up their stalls in the exhibition and share their latest technical know-how. Efforts would be made to draw-out a five year plan, as a component of the Munsyari Development Plan. Malla Johar Vikas Samiti will also hold their Annual Conference of Malla Johar visitors, like every year, and listen to their experiences of this year. ( Agriculture & Allied Committee : Convenor, MJVS ),
- Second Day, 6 November 2012 : Seminars on ( ii ) Rural Tourism , ( iii ) Handicrafts & Rural Industries, and ( iv ) Quality & Technical Education by institutions, departments and organisations dealing with education e.g. Open University, ITI, Khadi Commission/Board and NGOs, as well as rural development, industries and education departments, including exhibition of various wool-based, fibre-based products ( prize distribution to take place on the last day, on the 7th November ), Efforts would be made to made to draw out a five year plan on Handicrafts & Education , as parts of Munsyari Development Plan ( Rural Tourism & Handicrafts & Education Committee : Convenor- Johar Club & Lodgers Association & Saras Handicrafts Complex ), and
- Third Day, 7 November 2012 : Seminar on ( v ) Financial Inclusion & Credit Culture, to take place on the final day with the help of NABARD, Lead banks and Co-operatives, Gramin Bank, SHGs, federation of SHGs etc. Various Insurance Schemes to be discussed and promoted by the Insurance Companies; Efforts would be made to draw out a five year plan for Financial Inclusion & Credit extension, as part of Munsyari Development Plan ( Financial Inclusion & Credit Committee : SBI Branch & NABARD ).
- > On all three days various development organisations would put up their stalls in the Exhibition Ground of Malla Dummar and on the appointed/allotted day conduct Seminar and drawout a five year plan, as a part of Munsyari Development Plan.
- > Song & Drama Division, Naini Tal will organise cultural programmes on the first two days at the Exhibition Ground site, and on the Munsyari Sports Ground on the 7th November 2012, for the public and tourists of Munsyari.